Zamboanga City Health Office (CHO) has urged the residents to maintain their protective measures as it continues to monitor cases of dengue and measles in the city.
CHO Officer-in-charge Dulce Miravite cited that a total of 128 and 158 dengue cases were recorded for the months of May and June, respectively.
The data, however, were lower than the 188 and 473 cases, respectively, that were recorded during the same months last year, she said.
The villages with most number of suspected dengue cases as of July 4 were Calarian, Baliwasan, Pasonanca, Santa Maria, Talon-Talon, Tetuan, Sangali, Mercedes, Tugbungan, Mampang, Mariki, San Jose Gusu, Canelar, and San Roque.
Miravite said the public should continue to follow the 4S measures against dengue. These include search and destroy of mosquito breeding sites, self-protection measures such as insect repellents and long sleeved shirts, seek early consultations for fever lasting two days and rashes, and say no to indiscriminate fogging.
As to the measles cases, Miravite said the outbreak status in the city remains in place despite the decline in the number of cases.
“For measles, we still have some of the cases coming in but hinde ya gat man bien mucho. Still we cannot lift our outbreak status because we have to record 4 consecutive weeks na no hay cases before we can lift the outbreak (status),” she said.