mindanao.politics.com.ph

Tinarget si Vice Gov? Still no suspect behind Sinsuat, Maguindanao blast

0

Police still face a blank wall regarding the perpetrator of the explosion that occurred just behind the compound-residence of Maguindanao Vice Governor Datu Lester Sinsuat over the weekend.

Police Chief Inspector Achmad Alibonga said in a Brigada News FM Cotabato report Monday (August 7) that the blast was caused by an M79 grenade launcher, and not an improvised explosive device or IED as initially reported.

The blast took place Saturday night at Datu Odin Sinsuat Maguindanao.

Although the incident created fear due to its proximity to Vice Governor Sinsuat’s residence, Alibonga noted that it neither injured nor killed anyone.

The police chief said in the same report that security has been tightened in the town, which last week was also the site of an explosion that injured two 12-year-old pupils.

Comments
Loading...