mindanao.politics.com.ph

Palace vows aid to continue for displaced Marawi residents

0

Malacanang reiterated Thursday that the government would continue its assistance to the families displaced by the war in Marawi last year.

“Tuluy-tuloy pa rin po ang tulong na pinamamahagi natin sa mga apektadong kababayan sa Lungsod ng Marawi,” said Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque in a press briefing.

He said some 5,015 internally displaced persons or “bakwit” have already received skills and livelihood training program from the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).

“Ito’y inaasahang makatulong sa rehabilitasyon ng Marawi upang maibalik na muli sa normal ang buhay ng mga residente,” Roque added.

Thousands of families were displaced due to a five-month battle between the government troops and the Maute-ISIS terrorists last year.

President Rodrigo Duterte has placed the entire Mindanao under martial law because of the Marawi siege.

Comments
Loading...