Zamboanga City Mayor Beng Climaco issued Wednesday, March 18, an executive order declaring an “enhanced community quarantine” in the city as a precautionary measure against the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The local chief executive said the enhanced community quarantine will take effect at 1:00 in the morning of Friday, March 20, 2020 “until such time the health menace subsides.”
“A strict home quarantine shall be observed in all households; movement shall be limited to accessing basic necessities; and there will be heightened presence of uniform(ed) personnel to enforce quarantine procedures,” EO No. BC 553-2020 read.
Only two individuals per household will be allowed to leave their homes to secure basic necessities.
A city-wide curfew shall be imposed from 9 o’clock in the evening until 5 o’clock in the morning.
Other guidelines under the enhanced community quarantine are as follows:
• Establishments providing basic necessities will remain open and such activities related to food and medicine production, i.e., public markets, supermarkets, groceries, convenience stores, bakeries, hospitals, medical clinics, pharmacies and drug stores, food preparation and delivery services, water -refilling stations, manufacturing and processing plants of basic food products and medicines, agricultural and fishery products and ancillary inputs, banks, money transfer services, power, energy, fuel, water and telecommunications supplies and facilities shall be open;
• Classes and school activities in all levels will remain suspended;
• Mass gatherings shall be prohibited;
• Religious gatherings shall be suspended;
• Funeral services shall be made available. Immediate burial is advised;
• The movement of cargoes within and into Zamboanga City shall be unhampered;
• Land, air and sea travel of uniformed personnel, Government Officers and members of Task Force COVID- 19 for official business, especially those transporting medical supplies, laboratory specimens related to the COVID-19, and other humanitarian assistance, shall be allowed; and
• Valid IDs will be presented at checkpoints.
“All persons who will violate this Executive Order may be subjected to criminal or administrative prosecution if warranted under existing laws,” the EO said. #