mindanao.politics.com.ph

Davao del Norte, Tadeco, BuCor ink compromise deal to end conflict

0 96

A compromise agreement was reached ending a conflict among the Provincial Government of Davao del Norte, Tagum Agricultural Development (Tadeco) and the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor), an official said.

Mindanao Development Authority (MinDA) chairman Emmanuel Piñol said the deal was inked Tuesday night, October 22, among Governor Edwin Jubahib, former Representative Anton Lagdameo and a representative of BuCor Director Gerald Bantag.

“The agreement was a result of two weeks of intense negotiations initiated by the MinDA following a stand-off Oct. 9 which nearly resulted in a bloodshed,” Piñol said.

He said the agreement provides that the roads inside the 5,000-hectare Tadeco-run banana plantation will be opened to commuters and vehicles, the core issue raised by Jubahib.

The deal also allowed Tadeco to retian its bio-security facilities while BuCor will maintain its security personnel at the gates.

Piñol said a ceremonial opening of one of the two roads where passersby will be allowed without the previously required gate pass is set on October 24.

“All parties agreed to submit the document to the Regional Trial Court of Tagum City and ask for the dismissal of the cases filed in relation to the dispute,” the MinDA chief added.

Comments
Loading...