mindanao.politics.com.ph

Davao City’s Barangay 23-C placed under ‘hard lockdown’

0

The Davao City government has imposed a “hard lockdown” on the entire Barangay 23-C due to the increasing number of persons infected by coronavirus.

The hard lockdown started in the afternoon of Saturday, July 4, with measures against the transmission of the virus to be strictly observed a minimum of 14 days, the local government said.

Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio said the hard lockdown was intended to stop the spread of the virus that has so far infected 88 residents and killed two others in the area populated by around 18,000.

From June 28 to July 3, a total of 17 residents tested positive of Covid-19. Based on the data from the Davao City Operations Center for Covid-19, the youngest infected resident was a 25-day old, while the oldest was a 75-year old.

The barangay has been classified as a “hot spot” and “very high risk.” Duterte-Carpio has cautioned Dabawenyos about going to the area.

Dr. Joy Villafuerte, chief of Davao City Health Office, said the lockdown entails the implementation of protocols followed under the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), including movement restrictions of people.

“The residents will be confined in the barangay. Meaning, no one is allowed to enter or go out until the spread of the virus is stopped,” said Villafuerte.

The City Social Welfare and Development Office will provide the residents with a daily ration of food.

Psychosocial interventions will also be brought to the area to help the residents cope with the lockdown.

Security forces will be deployed in the area to ensure that lockdown measures are followed.

Comments
Loading...