mindanao.politics.com.ph

2 Maute remnants surrender in Lanao del Sur

0 772

Two alleged remnants of the Maute-ISIS terrorist group have surrendered to the military in Lanao del Sur.

Western Mindanao Command (Westmincom) said alias Commander and alias Mamac yielded to the troops of the 55th Infantry Battalion under the Joint Task Force Ranao in Tuburan town Monday, December 3.

The two, who were involved in the first week of the Marawi siege in May last year, also turned over one caliber 50 rifle and one M1 Garand to the military, it said.

At the same time, Brigadier General Thomas Sedano Jr., 2nd Mechanized Brigade commander, said that 24 loose firearms, one hand grenade, and assorted ammunition were surrendered to their brigade in Tubod Cultural Center, Lanao del Norte.

“Joint efforts among local government units, local populace, other stakeholders and our troops led to this successful surrender,” he said.

Comments
Loading...