Babangon na: Hataman says 11-hectare shelter site for Marawi victims nearing completion
Around 1,200 of the families displaced by the Marawi City crisis will soon have a very livable resettlement sign in Barangay Sagonsongan, Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) Governor Mujiv Hataman bared.
Expected to be fully constructed by September, the resettlement site will have a madrasah, kitchen area, wash room, market, mosque, water supply, toilets, and a multi-purpose hall, a SunStar Online report Saturday (August 5) said.
Hataman said the 11-hectare resettlement site is considered a transition shelter which will be used to decongest the existing evacuation centers of displaced individuals.
Its construction is part of the efforts of the inter-agency Task Force Bangon Marawi, the creation of which was ordered by no less than President Rodrigo Duterte.
Hataman last week visited the Sagonsongan site along with other government officials led by Cabinet Secretay Leoncio Evasco Jr.
Government troops have yet to completely flush out Maute Group members in Marawi. The ISIS-inspired terrorists occupied the Islamic City last May 23.