Hindi matamis! Sugar industry leaders twit fellow Negros resident Alejano over impeachment
He may be from Negros Occidental, but Magdalo Rep. Gary Alejano is not getting any sweet support from sugar industry leaders over the impeachment complaint filed against President Rodrigo Duterte.
In a joint statement, the sugar industry leaders “condemned” the action of Alejano while reiterating their support for Duterte.
A report on Visayan Daily Star said the statement was issued by industry presidents:
– Francis dela Rama, Confederation of Sugar Producers Associations
– Enrique Rojas, National Federation of Sugarcane Planters
– Manuel Lamata, United Sugar Producers Federation of the Philippines
– Danilo Abelito, Panay Federation of Sugarcane Farmers Inc.
“We in the sugar industry believe in the sincerity of President Duterte and in his programs for the alleviation of poverty, the war against drugs and corruption, and the economic upliftment of our country,” they said.
Alejano, who hails from Sipalay City in Negros Occidental, had filed the complaint against Duterte before Congress went on recess last March 18.
Recommended on other sites
Politiko Main Latest News
Central Luzon Latest News
North Luzon Latest News
Metro Manila Latest News
South Luzon Latest News
- The future politikos are here! HS studes in Sta. Maria, Laguna get a taste of public office
- She still believes in second chances! Bacoor continues drug rehab program under Mayor Lani Mercado-Revilla
- The ultimate 80s throwback! Former Laguna Board Member Angelica Jones in reunion with That’s Entertainment members
Bicol Latest News
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.